Learn more about the range of commercial reverse osmosis systems that we supply at J&F Water Treatment
What is Reverse Osmosis?
Reverse Osmosis is used for the reduction or removal of TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) which come in the form of various “salts”, typically, but by no means exclusively, the following:
Reverse Osmosis uses cross-flow filtration where the operating pressure is always higher than the osmotic pressure, this allows water but not salts to pass, or diffuse, through the membrane.
Reverse Osmosis lies at the lowest end of the traditional filtration spectrum.
J&F Water Treatment systems are used to treat both mains water and private water supplies such as well, boreholes and reservoirs.
Applications for our industrial & commercial range of Reverse Osmosis plant can be:
- Farms – pig, poultry, fruit and vegetables
- All industries – boiler feed water, process water and drinking water
- Ice manufacturing, breweries and distilleries
- Car washes
- Hotels and private house developments for drinking water
Our complete range of industrial and commercial reverse osmosis systems are capable of processing from 2 m3/hr to 50 m3/hr, the most popular up to 12m3/hr
Key components with every system include:
- DOW Filmtec XLE-440 membranes
- Grundfos high pressure pump
- Process controller with conductivity and temperature monitors
- Float switch, high pressure, raw water and permeate pressure switches
- Permeate, recycle and drain rotameters
The key to all successful and cost effective Reverse Osmosis installations is ensuring that the pre-treatment is correct.
J&F Water Treatment has various options available including UV disinfection, chlorine dosing, anti-scalent dosing and duplex softeners.